'Scribblers Identified' by Jay Cool

Ricardo: Artist's Muse

Brushes.
Brush-strokes on paper skin;
tracing-paper holes,
turning into nothing

Choose me a colour, he says to me, and paint me back into a something.






Julio: Soul-Seeker

Whistle pipe.
From low to high,
he ascends, all tuned up for arrival,
and ready to write on a serious note - until

Ricardo


lowers

          the

tone

Reign him in, he, Julio, says to me, and sing me back into a something.



Emelina: Cycle Racer

Wheels.
Sizzled and quartered,
she rolls on, unhindered by the
four-wheeler realtor that
sliced her up.

Ready to flatten

the driver -

Ricardo.

Get him the treatment, she, Emelina, says to me. Steam him and roll him, and stitch me back into a something.



Stubart: Keeper of the Seal

Seals.
Stamped and secured,
he stomps into the venue, stopping short at the end of his
lead - unextendible and stuck
at five foot and six
-inched

Pulled back in by his wife.

And laughed at by

Ricardo.

Melt this seal, he, Stubart, says to me. Unleash me and let me at him, and mould me back into a something.



Me: Scribe

Brush, pipes, wheels and seals,
Elated and parched,
I bound on in - late - and spread out my picnic of tools
Workbench ready, I call up the muse to play.

Five Scribblers, identities to be identified,

brushed, tuned, spoked and sealed,
by me.

Five verses to write,

and five words in …

Ricardo.

Keep him quiet, I say. Somebody, somewhere, somehow, please - do something!








Copyright owned by Jay Cool, January 2019


For details of The Colchester Scribblers meetup group, please check out meetup.com



Comments