'De-wormed' by Jay Cool

'Inedible!' she announced, and then the horror began.

The walls of my cave mashed into me - into, under and around me. Bitter-sweet mush juiced its way into my mouth, down my throat, into my belly and out of my rear. There was no relief from agony. As it passed through me, as it excreted itself out of me, it simultaneously juiced its way in. I started to wonder whether I too was just mush, whether indeed I had ever really existed.

But exist I did. And in this existence, I was falling, falling, falling down a vertical tunnel. Bubbles all around me and foaming over me, carrying away my expulsions, as they nudged me, pushed me, whispered to me to carry on - to keep going, to keep falling, to bear it out until the grand finale.

Until, packed tight into a bitter-sweet mix, I am again jolted out of my new comfort zone. Seems that it too, like my cave, was of the moment only. I rush on out of there, and see dark stars attach themselves to the walls of the day sky. Its a relief, for that second, to be free - to be able to view the sights of that other world, of the world outside the darkness of the underworld from whence I came.

But, to sense freedom, is to be a fool. This I know, and this I feel, as I fall, kerplunk, into a whirlpool, and am sucked into the depths of a bending, curling, twisting slippery slope, by shades of liquid amber blending in with the aquamarine glow of the devil.

Burning, searing hot, I know now. I know now that I am at the end of my troubles. I know now what it is to be bleached out of existence. Bleached out of this world.

It's a relief. Inedible. A bitter-sweet end. I swallow.

Copyright owned by Jay Cool, November 2018

'Apple' image courtesy of Pixabay.com (creative commons licensed)



Comments