'Because You are an Oldie' by Jay Cool

'A Handful of Happiness' image from Pixabay.com (creative commons)
Because you are an oldie,
though 'tis not polite to say,
it bugged me, and I told myself -
you really ought to pay!

To hide your pension from me,
you baked it in a pie.
It's not your thing, you told me -
it's stuffed with piggy thigh!

It's true your pie's quite crispy;
I feel you've burnt it true.
It's time you had assistance -
come on, I'll talk you through!

You might think I'm a veggie,
but I'm young enough to change.
Just come up real close, now -
you're not within my range!

My perfect pie is baking;
your heart no longer stirs.
This cook, who once did tempt you -
has truly made you hers!

Copyright owned by Jay Cool, October 2018

{Written in the style of A. E. Housman's 'Because I liked you better'.}

Comments